giovedì 3 marzo 2011







E' nella poesia che trovo le risposte... è la poesia che scrive, in lingue e assonanze diverse, la vita.




The virtue in most request is conformity. Self - reliance in its aversion... whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist... nothing in at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind... no law can be sacred it me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this.; the only right in what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

...
...
Your genuine action will explain itself and will explain your other genuine actions. your conformity explains nothing. Act singly, and what you have already done singly will justify you now. Greatness always appeals to the future... the force of character ins comulative.

...
...

I shall endeavor to nourish my parents, to support my family, to be the chaste husband of one wife, - but these relation I must fill after a new and unprecendent way.... I MUST BE MYSELF. I cannot break myself any longer for you, or you. If you can love me for what I am, we shall be the happier. If you cannot, I will still seek to deserve that you shuold. I MUST BE MYSELF. I will not hide my tastes or avversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever inly rejoices, and the heart appoints....


(Emerson)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento